CV102: Civil 3D for Surveyors
The Civil 3D for Surveyors course is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in the CV101: Civil 3D Fundamentals course. This course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge required to use Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. You will learn how to import converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Conditions Plan.
- The Civil 3D Interface
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transformations
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Coordinate Geometry Editor for entering traverse information or legal descriptions
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
This course is designed for civil engineers, surveyors, and survey technicians who wish to expand their knowledge on the tools used for survey design in Civil 3D.
Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended, as well as have a working knowledge of a recent version of Microsoft Windows.
What you get
Students will get classroom access to the software and Autodesk Authorized Training courseware (these can be purchased in addition to the training) and the knowledge to get started with survey design in Civil 3D.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.
Training Center Locations
Group rates and on-site training are also available.