RM201: BIM Management – Templates and Families for Revit MEP
A key component in managing the BIM process is to establish a company foundation for different types of projects by creating standard templates and custom family elements. Having this in place makes the process of any new project flow smoothly and efficiently.
The objective of this course is to enable users who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom system, in-place, and component families.
- Preparing project templates
- Customizing annotation styles
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formulas
- Create custom MEP system families
- Set up a component family file with a parametric framework
- Create family geometry and family types
- Modify the visibility of components and incorporate additional family items such as controls, MEP connectors, and nested components
- Create specific families, including in-place families, profiles, annotations, and parameters
This course is designed for experienced Revit users who wish to expand beyond their basic skills into more advanced Revit functionality.
Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the MEP tools in Revit as taught in the RM101 – 104: Revit MEP Fundamentals courses. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating standard elements, copying and moving elements, creating and working with views, etc.
What you get
Students will get classroom access to the software and Autodesk Authorized Training courseware (these can be purchased in addition to the training) and the knowledge to get to the next level with the MEP tools in Revit.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.