RM103: Revit MEP – Plumbing Fundamentals
September 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23
This course is intended to introduce users to the Revit software’s user interface and the plumbing and fire protection components that make Revit a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. This course will also familiarize users with the tools required to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the users through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Working with the Revit’s basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
- Inserting and connecting MEP components and using the System Browser.
- Working with linked Revit files and CAD files.
- Creating plumbing networks with plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- Creating plumbing systems with automatic piping layouts.
- Creating and annotating construction documents.
- Adding tags and creating schedules.
- Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software.
This course is designed for new users of the MEP tools in Revit.
It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of a recent version of Microsoft Windows.
What you get
Students will get classroom access to the software and Autodesk Authorized Training courseware (these can be purchased in addition to the training) and the knowledge to get started with the MEP tools in Revit.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.